Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Heart Remembers

I just finished reading this book today. It's written by Kim Vogel Sawyer. It's my Mom's book and she hasn't read it yet. So I won't say too much, but this is what it says inside the book cover:

When their mother and father die in a tenement fire, three Irish-immigrant children are sent to Missouri aboard an orphan train to be adopted. Despite 8-year-old Maelle’s desperate attempts to keep her siblings together, each child is taken by a different family. But Maelle vows that she will never stop searching for them—determined that they will be together again one day, a family once more.

Seventeen years later, Maelle is still searching…but the years have washed away Maelle’s hope and her memories. What are Mattie and Molly doing now? Where has life taken them? Are they well and living happy lives? Do they wonder at all about the family they once knew and loved? United by blood, divided by time, will they ever be a family again?

I really liked this book... and I know my Mom will, too. :o)
I started another one today, but I'll post on that another day.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Your my kind of girl. I've read it too and she has become one of my favorite authors.
Have you or your mom read her Amish series.

Here is her website
http://www.kimvogelsawyer.com/series.html

Karen said...

I can't wait to read this book!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!