For Today… Monday, November 2, 2009Outside my window... Sunny and a high of 58 degrees
I am thankful for... a warm house to live in
I am wearing... my red nightgown and white knee socks
I am remembering... the harvest party we had Saturday. It was very fun!
I am creating… nothing right now
I am going... to get a haircut tonight
I am reading... the same book as last week, "Process Of Elimination"
I am hoping... that we can go to my Grandma's and Grandpa's house Saturday
On my mind... in three weeks it will be Thanksgiving Day
From the learning rooms… Bible, math, English, science, history, art, reading "Escape Across the Wide Sea"
Noticing that... that it's starting to get colder out - winter is on its way!
Pondering these words... The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land... You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. ISAIAH 58:11
From the kitchen… for supper we're having baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans. YUM!
Around the house... Thanksgiving decorations have been put out.
One of my favorite things: Sweet Potato pie!
A few plans for the rest of the week: school, haircut tonight, groceries on Thursday, maybe going to Grandma's and Grandpa's house Saturday, church on Sunday,
From my picture journal...
allposters.com
If you would like to join us in The Simple Woman's Daybook, please see Peggy for details.




5 comments:
Wonderful daybook, Amber. I'd like to have a piece of that pie. It looks yummy :)
I am not sure what we are having for supper tonight (I must go grocery shopping) but I have some sweet potatoes in the bin- I hadn't thought of them... I think we'll be having baked sweet potatoes too!
I enjoyed dropping by and reading your daybook. I hope you have a blessed week!
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com
Love the poster. I like sweet potato pie. I need to make one then freeze the slices so that I don't eat the whole thing at once. We always had baked potatoes on hand for snacks in the winter when I was growing up. Mother baked them in an iron skillet. She rubbed shortening on them first to make the peeling soft enough to eat. I've been remembering so much about her this time of year.
I need a haircut but first I need to find a hair stylist here. That and a new doctor are so challenging when one moves.
I need to put away the witches and set out the turkey and pilgrims.
I know this month is going to fly by.
Mama Bear
Wonderful daybook once again.
Your pie looks great. The nights are getting colder here also. You supper sounds fantastic. Three of my favorite foods. I hope you get a great haircut. I use to do that before I retired. Have a great week. Doylene
Post a Comment