Monday, August 31, 2009

~* DAYBOOK *~

For Today... Monday, August 31, 2009

Outside My Window... Sunny out and a breeze blowing. It's 72 degrees.

I am thinking... I can't believe summer vacation is over!

From the learning rooms… today was my first day of school. I really liked it!

I am thankful... that I can be homeschooled.

From the kitchen... for supper we're having: fried yellow squash, lima beans, and sliced carrots. I do not like carrots....but I LOVE yellow squash!

I am wearing... a purple and white striped shirt and jeans.

I am reading... Eighteen and On Her Own  from the Grandma's Attic series...and also for school I'm reading The King's Fifth and A Murder for Her Majesty--both very interesting.

I am hoping... that I have a good school year.

I am creating... nothing.

I am hearing... the crickets chirping outside and the air-conditioners running.

I am going... no where tonight. I might go outside.

Around the house... supper is ready...and I can't wait to eat it! :o)

One of my favorite things... watching movies with my family.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: doing my schoolwork, groceries on Thursday, church on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…

If you would like to join us in The Simple Woman's Daybook, please see Peggy for details.

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Nice to read that your first day went well. I'm thankful too that we can homeschool our kids. What a blessing!!

Karen said...

I hope that you have a great schoolyear, too. So far, it's been terrific, don't you think? I love the books we are reading. Love you, Mommy XOXOXOX

jamie said...

We homeschooled also. My kids are grown now, but it was one of the best decisions we ever made. I love your blog...you seem like such a charming young lady. Have a fun school year. :)

Possum Princess said...

HOpe you have a great school year!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I just stopped by to say hi, Amber! Are you enjoying your Sonlight! The way you love to read, I bet you are!

Have a great rest of the week!
Ms. Tammy