Monday, January 11, 2010

~My Daybook~


For Today… Monday, January 11, 2010

Outside my window... it is very cold--23 degrees.

I am thinking... that I am having trouble drawing the tree I am supposed to be doing for art!

I am thankful for... my mom and dad

I am wearing... jeans and a layered white and light green long-sleeved shirt, socks.

I am remembering... the good time I had at my cousin's house on Saturday. It was nice to meet a few new cousins, as well as being with ones I already knew. It was a lot of fun.

 I am going... to the podiatrist today to see about my ingrown toenail. Ouch!

I am hoping... my mom and dad have a nice anniversary on Thursday.

On my mind... wishing that I didn't have to go to the foot doctor!

From the learning rooms… science, Bible, math, reading, English, history, etc. I am beginning a new book, "Dr. Jenner and the Speckled Monster"--and will be reading "Betsy and the Emperor" when it arrives at the library for me to pick up.

 Pondering these words... "The most defeated, stumbling person among us can become, by God's grace, a radiant, confident overcomer...In Him, there is always hope. ~Stacy Rinehart

From the kitchen… for supper tonight we are having a cheeseburger casserole, applesauce, and rolls.

Around the house... heaters are running. I am waiting for my dad to come home from work to take me to the doctor since my mom is sick.

One of my favorite things: watching the Waltons with my family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to the foot doctor today, groceries on Wednesday, my mom and dad's anniversary on Thursday, church on Sunday.

From my picture journal...



If you would like to join us in The Simple Woman's Daybook, please see Peggy for details.

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Another wonderful daybook Amber. Like your moms, I really like your quote.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a wonderful day you have planned well part of it. Hope your foot gets better. Thanks for sharing your day. So sweet you appreciate your mom and dad so much.
I hope your week is Blessed,
Sherry

Karen said...

Hope your toe feels better soon. Great daybook! Love ya! XOXOXOXO

dtbrents said...

What a sweet girl you are. I enjoy the Walton's also. You have a beautiful blog. I'm glad you enjoy your family. Doylene

Anonymous said...

Hello Amber,
I hope your visit to the foot dr went well. You'll have to give us an update.
I like the words to ponder.
Mama Bear

Happy Anniversary to your parents.

Unknown said...

hope all goes well at the Dr's. nice post. have a wonderful weekend!!

quilt'n-mama said...

thanks for sharing your daybook, I enjoyed stopping by!
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com